Wait – WHAT?? How is this possible? Well my friends, read on and find out!
This little known plant has been used for thousands of years in the Middle East and is just starting to gain popularity here in the West. You could say, it is a “miracle” remedy from ancient times! You can take it internally, or rub it on your skin!
What is Black Seed Oil?
Black cumin seed oil is derived from the Nigella sativa plant. It is also commonly known as
black oil or black coriander oil. As a member of the buttercup family, this plant produces small
black seeds that can be pressed to extract the valuable oil. This has been used in culinary and
medicinal uses for thousands of years, all the way back to ancient Egypt.
Black Seed Oil was in fact, found in King Tutankhamun’s tomb in Egypt, dating back
over 3,000 years ago!
This humble, but immensely powerful seed, kills MRSA https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/31377263/, and heals the chemical weapon poisoned body, ie: radiation https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/20670109/. It also stimulates regeneration of the dying beta cells within the diabetic’s pancreas https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34221050/.
So why do so few of us, even know it exists? Well, that is an entire other Blog post on the greed within the pharmaceutical industry-But more on that later!!
The Magic of Thymoquinone
So far, numerous studies demonstrated the seed of Nigella sativa and its main active constituent,
thymoquinone, to be medicinally very effective against various illnesses including different
chronic illnesses. These being neurological and mental illness, cardiovascular disorders, cancer, diabetes,
inflammatory conditions, and infertility. It is also beneficial against various infectious diseases due to bacterial, fungal, parasitic, and viral infections. Moreover, the strong antioxidant property of this valued
seed has recently gained increasing attention with regard to its potential role as dietary
supplement with minimal side effects. Thymoquinone, the active ingredient in Black Seed Oil
(Nigella Sativa) has been studied for many years. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/25829334/
Black Seed Oil Benefits! (The SHORT List)
- Analgesic (pain relief): Many have used this for Arthritis pain. You can try capsules or rubbing the oil directly onto the affected area. Do a patch test first to check for sensitivity.
- Acne: Apply a gel, containing Black Seed oil (can mix with aloe vera) may help acne prone skin
- Anti-Aging: Apply a small amount to the skin. You can mix with other essential oils such as almond oil. It can cause irritation for some, so be sure to do a small patch test before using if you feel you may be sensitive.
- Anti-Bacterial and Anti Fungal: Apply topically to affected area.
- Anti-inflammatory: Take internally, follow label instructions.
- Anti-Hypertensive – blood pressure may be reduced by taking black seed oil. Allow 4 – 6 weeks to see improvement.
- Antioxidant – naturally targets free radicals that lead to everything from cardio-vascular disease, auto-immune diseases, cataracts to wrinkles and hair loss, etc. Apply topically.
- Anti-Viral: Take internally and follow label instructions
- Anti-Diabetic – 2gm of black seed a day resulted in reduced fasting glucose, decreased insulin resistance, increased beta-cell function, and reduced glycosylated hemoglobin (HbA1c) in human subjects. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/21675032/
- Asthma: (and COPD) has been helped with Black Seed oil when used in conjunction with prescribed inhalers. Some may say that it is the prescribed meds and not the Black seed oil, however, if you try this, you will know if this is the case. Every “Body” is different and reacts differently.
- Liver Protectant
- Kidney Protectant
- Neuroprotective – think Alzheimer’s
- AND MUCH, MUCH MORE! https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3642442/
Take note that the FDA in the United States has not done the clinical investigation on black seed oil but is classed as GRAS (Generally Recognized As Safe). Here in Canada, all natural health supplements have undergone strict clinical testing in order to be granted an NPN which is a Natural Product Number in order to be on the shelves here in Canadian health stores.
Hopefully, “medicine” will one day work together with food, herbs, plants, seeds, fresh air,
sunlight and clean water as nature intended before BIG Pharma came along to try to stomp out
nature’s healing potential. Failing this, the current medical structure will crumble under the
weight of its corruption, ineptitude, iatrogenic suffering (death/injury by prescription meds taken
correctly) and subsequent financial liability.
Can you imagine a world where the “medical” community utilizes non-patentable natural
compounds with actual healing properties instead of chemical laced concoctions with numerous
side effects INCLUDING death? (Maybe not quite as pictured above! LOL!) Now don’t get me wrong, again, modern pharmaceuticals certainly have their place and have saved millions of lives in emergency situations, no doubt. What I am hoping to see in the future, is a world where you go to your doctor for something as simple as the flu, and instead of being told to take Tylenol and go to bed for a few days; your doctor tells you to have chicken noodle soup, take curcumin or tumeric, and drink ginger, lemon and honey tea for a sore throat . Perhaps even advise to take 50,000IU per day of Vitamin D for the first 3 days of your illness to help boost your immune system. Doctors specializing in Functional Medicine should be the doctors of the future. They have gone to the traditional medical schools and know when to use pharmaceuticals and when to use nature to heal the body.
Only time will tell…..